Sunday, September 30, 2007

Desolation Angels


“There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.”

- Carl Jung


This mix is dedicated to my friend Katie. Taken from us much too soon, her bright smile and love of life will forever illuminate our world.

Downloads (right click, save link as):

MP3 (74:31) (192k) (104 mb)

Cover Art & Score (493k zip)

Stream:


T R A C K L I S T I N G

1. Intro – includes segments from Beautumn – Blanket & Sigur Ros – Gong
2. Dustin O'Halloran - Opus 37
3. Aram Khachaturian - Gayane Ballet Suite
4. Angelo Badalamenti - Final Miles
5. Roger Eno - Elevation
6. Clint Mansell - Together We Will Live Forever
7. Henryk Gorecki - Symphony No 3 - II Lento E Largo - Tranquillissimo
8. David Darling - Beginning
9. Rachel's - Egon & Gertie
10. John Tavener - Fragments of a Prayer
11. Slowblow – Elegy
12. 12 Monkeys OST - Dreamers Awake
13. Sylvain Chauveau – Blanc
14. Steve Baker and Carmen Dave - For Whom the Bell Tolls
15. Barber - Adagio for Strings, Op. 11
16. Little Buddha OST – Evan’s Funeral
17. Talkdemonic - Veraison
18. Goldmund - Unbraiding the Sun
19. The Album Leaf – The Light

The title, Desolation Angels, is taken from a book by Jack Kerouac.

“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.”

- Kahlil Gibran

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Katie. This mix is so beautiful, and a wonderful tribute to your friend.

nrvnet said...

Karen,

Thanks for your comments. It really means a lot to me. And I'm also glad you like the mix. :) Take care.

-Rick

Anonymous said...

My condolences for the loss of your friend.
I really liked the mix, although I strongly dislike the operatic stuff. But that's just my personal taste, I loved the rest. Today, I listened to it with my MP3-Player and took a lonely walk in the forest. The melancholic atmosphere of the mix together with the loneliness and beauty of the forest really struck me. I'm downloading your newest mix right now.

Thank you.

Simon from Germany.

BeccaBoo said...

Utterly breathtaking.

What an honored tribute of beauty and emotion. Thank you for sharing.